Mar 20, 2018

2018, Mar 20 - Rehearsals

Hey babe,

It's that time of year again.  The time you didn't really care for.  You remember?  The times the girls had these late night rehearsals and you were so gung ho about them getting into bed before 9 because they had school the next morning.  Yeah, that time of year again.  I hope you can hear them singing up in heaven.  M2 really blew me away tonight!  You'd be so proud of her! 

On a sad note though, they're really beginning to get snooty with me.  I hate to be the mean guy, but I cannot take their snarky remarks when I try to give them some constructive criticism.  I hope it's just a phase.  Maybe they'll get over it. 

On Sunday, I went to church as usual, and played a special.  Remember when I played that jazzy "Just A Closer Walk" for you?  How much you enjoyed it?  Well, that's what I played on Sunday.  It seemed to go over well but only a few people said anything to me about it.  Maybe they didn't like it as much as I thought they would.

After church, the girls and I went to eat at LeFleur's on the Lake.  It was my second time there.  I remember when you and I went and how we weren't real impressed with it.  Well, I'm even more unimpressed now.  I won't be going back. Then the girls and I came home and I took a nice long nap before having to get up and go back to church for the evening activities. 

On Monday, I got up and went to work out at the gym up the road.  I know how you hated the idea of paying for a membership but I really need it.  I'm doing pretty good there too!  I worked out for over an hour!  I walked on the treadmill for 1 hour.  Walked 2.5 miles at 3 mph and a 3% incline!  My heart rate stayed at 130.  According to the calorie calculator, I burned 335 calories!  Then, I used the weight machines to work on my legs and butt.  Then the little manager guy walked me through some ab exercises.  Oh My Gosh!  That HURTS!  But I did better than I thought I would!  I did 30 reps of everything so I really impressed myself!

Following that workout, I went to lunch for a grilled shrimp salad at G&J's, then out to Hammond for a dance lesson.  Shane showed up a 1/2 hour late.  I got a free dance lesson!  I didn't learn anything new.  We just went through the motions.  I'm getting better at it and actually look halfway decent in the ball room mirror!

Later that evening, we had the LPCC AND the Talented Drama rehearsals.  I had to leave M2 at the Theater  for drama rehearsals and take M1 to Watson for LPCC rehearsals.  I'm thankful the girls have been and are healthy right now! 

Well, Hunny, I guess that's it for now.  I love you bunches and miss you tremendously.  I sure wish you were here.

Me.

No comments: