Mar 24, 2018

2018, Mar 23 - Way Off Broadway

Hey babe.

I just wanted to share a little about my day today.

I started out with an appointment to a succession attorney.  He told me a few things, and I liked what I heard, but I still have another appointment next week to see another one.   If what he says doesn't mesh with the first one, I might go for a third just to hear what the difference is.  Anyway, so far, the first one says it's not going to be a big deal.

Then, I called a CPA regarding the taxes that you kept saying you were going to take care of.  They told me to gather all the papers up, W2's and such, and wait until May to take care of it.  So, Okay, that's what I'm going to do.

I had my dance lesson at 2, followed by a quick trip home to get the girls, and then straight to the theatre for their performances. I dropped them off for the rehearsal part and raced back home to get M1's glasses.  She swore she'd left them in the bathroom at home on the counter.  But they weren't there.  So, I finally looked in all the nooks and crannies in the truck and there they were in the truck!

I got back to the theatre and parked.  Then went in to find my seat.  I expected some others to show up for the show and to see our beautiful daughters perform tonight, but it was just me there.  Samantha and Kyle had to work.   It was their first time to perform with out you there tonight.  I made sure to tell the girls how proud I was of them and how strong and brave they are to get up there and perform like they did.

I was depressed and upset that no one had come to see the girls.  I went to the truck, fully intending to come straight home, take a hot shower, have a good hard cry, and plot my revenge.  As I was pulling out of the parking lot, my phone rang. It was Samantha, calling from her job at the hotel. She told me a gentleman had come to the hotel and they began talking. He lost his wife of 38 years in October. She told him about you and about the hard time I'd been having.  He gave her his business card, telling her to have me call him if I wanted to talk. Well, I needed to vent, so I called right then. When he told me his name, I nearly slammed on my brakes in the middle of the road! He was the former best friend of my ex-husband George!!!!  They'd met when George joined the Army National Guard! He’d lost touch with George after high school and didn’t know we’d ever gotten married and divorced.  I told him, “Hang on. I’m about to drop a bomb on ya.” and then told him who I was. I told him I was on my way home from this production and when I got my girls settled, I would call him right back. 

Then, Charlie, we had the most amazing 2 1/2 hour conversation about everything under the sun, INCLUDING you and his wife Emma.  It felt SO GOOD to talk about you!  I looked at my clock and told him how long we’d been talking and he said, “I’ve enjoyed every second of it!” and asked if he could call me back in a couple of days. Of course, my answer was a resounding YES!! I hope that's okay.  

Did I cry last night? Yes, but it was tears of shared happy memories with a new widow brother!  Now, I wonder if you and Emma had something to do with this!  Hmmm?  

The wind has been blowing quite a bit today and your windchime has been going crazy.  I've felt you near by as Gary and I worked around here.  We loaded up another 16 foot trailer with scarp iron and finally got the shed in the back torn down.  It's looking really good around here now.  I'm sorry that you couldn't finish your projects and stuff.  I wish you could have, especially the motor home.  

I love and miss you so much Charlie.  I am always looking for signs from you.  

Love you,

Me

No comments: