Mar 17, 2018

2018, Mar 17 - St. Patty's Day

Hey babe,

Gosh.  Where do I start?  Your daughters have been on the warpath today!  And I REWARDED them with hair cuts!  Arrgghh!  I'm FAILING as a single parent!  I NEED you here with me!

Lemme back up.  First of all, I couldn't sleep a wink last night.  I went to bed at a reasonable hour, but did not go to sleep until appx 4:30 a.m.  The girls had a hair appointment scheduled for 9:30 in the morning.  Well, apparently, I forgot to set the alarm, and a bird woke me up at 8:45 a.m.  Was that you?  I never looked to see if it was a cardinal.  I just know it was chirping loudly.  (I also know it wasn't you.  It was simply a bird.) 

I got up, hollered for the girls, and off we went; stopping first at the Chevron up the road to see Dad and refill his everlovin' pill box.  (insert eye roll)  Then, we were off for the hair dresser.

M1 decided to go shorter than short for her hair style.  It looks really cute on her, but she'll need some girly tops to really pull off this look.  M2 went for a long layer and looks much older than her 12 years.  Why can't my hair be like that again?  Ugh.  So frustrating.

We went and had lunch at Chicken Salad Chick, which is now my new obsession.  I really should buy a franchise or something.  That place is hoppin' everytime I go in there! 

After that, we went to the Family Dollar store for some more plastic bins.  When we got home, I started boxing up some Stuffed Animals, Toys, Bags, Barbie, American Girl (she gets a bin to herself!), and Books.  All in all, I'd say it was a good start to getting around to decluttering the place! 

And speaking of decluttering, I listed a few things on the internet.  I got a call from someone wanting that swimming pool ladder.  So, I hauled it off to her nearby and got $30 which I then took to the grocery store and got some dinner for me and the girls.

I got an 8 pc count of fried chicken, some mashed potatoes, and some other groceries.  Got in the truck to come home and had a panic attack of the 8 pc count of chicken!   It's the stupidest little thing but it got very overwhelming for a few minutes there while I panicked over whether or not 8 pcs was enough!  I should have gotten more, maybe, to put away for lunch tomorrow or something.  I started crying right there in the parking lot over a stinking order of chicken!  What the heck is wrong with me?  I called Dana and she talked me down so I was okay after just a few minutes and came on home.  But REALLY? 

God, how I miss you.  I'm so scared for what the future holds for me and the girls.  What if I meet someone else?  What if that person hurts me?  What about the girls?  What if they aren't what they portray themselves as?  I'm scared.  I wish you were still here so I wouldn't have to feel all these feelings.  Maybe I shouldn't even entertain the idea of the future yet.  Maybe I should stay single.  I wish you were here.  I love you so much!

Me.

No comments: