Apr 14, 2018

2018, Apr 14 - Younger Siblings

Hey Baby,

We need to talk.  I'm concerned about the girls.  When you left us, your 1st kids stepped up and paid for the funeral.  I appreciated that tremendously.  They came out to the house and did what they could to comfort me.  I realize they lost you too and they probably needed comforting as well, but I wasn't in a position to give them that.  They have a mother to help them through.  Should I try to reach out to them and say something to them as well?

I finally consulted an attorney in regards to the property.  Your kids told me at the funeral home that they would all 4 sign an Act of Donation regarding transferring the land to me.  I know you were proud of your kids and they sure did step up in this regard.

However, I think you might be disappointed at what I tell you next.  The next part is this:

I haven't heard from them since then.  Not a word.  They haven't called or texted or emailed.  Every now and then I get a Facebook like from one of them.  But that's it.  I know we didn't have a relationship.  When they called, they talked to you.  They didn't want to talk to me for whatever reason.  Maybe because I was just the simple step-mom.  Or in their eyes, the woman you slept with.  I don't know.

But I do know this.  They may not care for me, but they still have two little sisters who have lost their father.  The older siblings know this and should be calling to check in.  They know my number.  But I don't hear a thing.

I just thought I'd share that with you dahlin'g.  I know you can't do anything about it.  I just thought you'd want to know. I know you'd be disappointed in your older ones.  I wonder if they know.

I love and miss you tremendously Love.

Me.

No comments: