Apr 14, 2018

2018, Apr 13 - Friday/Saturday

Hey babe,

You'll like this.  It's Friday the 13th!  I thought I'd sit here and write you a little note to let you know what's going on in this next of the woods.  As you might remember, there was a bit of a smell in the house last week.  No worries though.  Our son Kyle came through and fixed it.

Did I tell you that Kyle proposed to Kaylee!?  I didn't?  How could I have forgotten that!!?  Yes, Kyle propsed to sweet Kaylee on Easter Sunday.  He had taken her to the dog park so they could walk their furbabies.  Then, he snagged a passerby, handed her his phone and pretended to pose for a photo ... but when he handed the lady his phone, he put it on video and got the whole thing recorded! It was soooo sweet!

Saturday, the Sunday School class had a crawfish boil over at the drummer's house.  You never met the drummer did you?  Roger Wilder?  Anyway, he's got an awesome house!  So, we all gathered over there for crawfish, finger sandwiches, chips, dips, cookies, etc.  The girls and I went.  It was okay.  After a while, I began feeling like a wall flower.  I was the only single person there.  I felt so out of place.

While I was there, it dawned on me that you would not be calling me to tell me it's time to come home, or to say you needed milk at the store.  When I realized that fact, I suddenly couldn't breathe again and it was time for me to leave the gathering.  I kept myself under control, told the girls it was time to go, and I left without saying Goodbye.  I just came straight home to cry.  I'm afraid people are going to start thinking I'm stuck up or putting on "airs" as you used to say.  They're going to start thinking I'm an attention hog.  I don't want that!  How do I avoid that?

I miss you and love you so much.

Sunshine



No comments: