Apr 16, 2018

2018, Apr 16 - Monday, Monday

Hey babe,

I know you must be disappointed in me.  I never got out of bed today.  Well, not until I think you made me get out around 2:30.  Throwing that hat across the room was a bit creepy and then adding the music box was even creepier.  Don't creep me out like that anymore! 

As you know, I have a hard time getting up sometimes.  This morning was rough because I had nowhere to be right away.  And then it stretched into hours.  I lay there replaying your last days in my head.  The ambulance in our driveway, me following them to the hospital, me trying to take the shortcut but ya'll still got there before me, me seeing you in the ER, me holding your hand, me talking to you, me talking to the nurses when I SHOULD have been talking to you, then me following you out when they took you for the heart cath, our next stop in the ICU and me teasing you about going on a diet.  Baby, I wish I had held your hand more and stood there by your side more.  I wish I had not gone out to the waiting room.  I didn't know what was going on!  I hope you aren't upset with me.  I truly didn't know!

When M2 got home today, she practiced her piano a little bit, and then we drove into town to get M1 from Jazz Band practice.  We had "dinner" at Subway, went to the library for a while, then to choir practice, then grabbed burgers at G&J's, and then we came home.  I HAVE to start cooking.  It's gonna be so hard though! 

Gosh I miss and love you!  

Me

No comments: