Apr 23, 2018

2018, Apr 23 - Manic Music Monday

Chahles Dahlin' I miss you so much.  I wish I could see your face again, hold your hand, hear your voice.  I wish you knew.

I went to the annual Prism Music conference today.  This time it was held in Zachary.  As usual, I was excited to go and hear the new Christmas stuff just being released.  I drove that whole ride on the interstate feeling really positive and upbeat.  Then I exited at Exit 8A and took a right.  Suddenly, I got hit right in my chest by a force so strong that I couldn't breath.  Apparently, I was right in that area that you had to do some inspections and I tagged along with you.  I wasn't expecting all those emotions to ambush me like that!  I'm on my way to a stinkin' music conference!

I cried and cried all the way to the parking lot of the church.  Then I sat in the truck and cried more when I got there.  I finally dried my tears and went inside to hear the music and feel better.

I later thought about it and wondered about dating again.  What if I was on a date and I am ambushed by those feelings again?  Do I just cry?  Will said date understand or will he get jealous of my love for a deceased husband?  This is all so confusing!  I just want my old life back, my old husband back.  

After the conference, I just came straight home because I'm selling all the sheet metal and galvanized studs you had collected over the years.  My goal is to get $3,000 for the whole shebang!  Once I have that cash in hand, then I can finish the driveway and purchase one of those little metal carports for the end. A couple of people have emailed and are trying to lowball me  One guy even had the gall to ask if I meant to ask for $300!!!  HAH!  You'd be proud of the way I told him, "Um, NO!"

Speaking of you being proud of me.  I would hope that you are.  I went and sang with Jody yesterday and though they tell me that I did a good job, I was pitchy to start with and had no stage presence.   It certainly could have gone better than it did.  I'm trying my best to stay strong for the girls.  I cry everyday and I know how you would hate that for me.  But I can't help it because I miss you too much!

Well, I'm sorry this is so short, but the girls have to be at LPCC in just a few minutes.  

Love and Miss you tremendouly,

ME

No comments: