Apr 27, 2018

2018, Apr 24 - Lawnmower and battery

Hey baby!  Just updating on what happened today.  First off, I didn't sleep very well last night.  I dreamt of you, off and on, and kept waking up every few hours.  I finally got out of bed about 10 a.m.  Daddy came over to get me to refill his pill box again.  While he was here, Samantha called me to ask about her income tax return check.  Her mail has been coming here again and apparently, the IRS sent her check here too.  Anyway, I found it and she requested that I drive it over to her.  So, I did.  When I got there, her dad was there, and I stayed and visited with both of them for a few minutes.

Then I went to my ballroom dance lesson for an hour.  On the way home, I stopped at Walmart to get some wasp spray, ant killer, and a lawnmower battery.  I tried to get on the lawnmower yesterday but the battery was dead.  So, I changed out the battery, got on the seat and turned the key.  Nothing happened.  Tried again.  Again nothing happened.  Finally, tried again and this time it tried to turn over but didn't catch.

I called Daddy to #1 - see where he was, and #2 - ask for help.  I didn't want to ask for his help but I'm not as knowledgeable as you about this stuff.  So, he came over and fiddled with the mower a bit.  Finally, he asked for a screwdriver and touched the solenoid.  Then announced that there's a bad solenoid.  I told him thanks, and  that I'll go get one tomorrow.   He argued with me and said that he could rig the thing right now.  I politely, yet firmly, told him NO!  That I will take care of that myself.  

Right after he left, Cade showed up and said he'd seen my Facebook post about the lawnmower fiasco    He hung around for a few minutes, telling me about his girlfriend.  Then I decided to try the suburban.   It would not start.  The battery on it was dead too.  So, Cade connected his jumper cables to the suburban, got it started, and then I let it sit and run for a bit. 

I love and miss you so much Charlie.  If you were here, I just know that you'd know exactly what to do about the lawnmower.  I wish I had half the knowledge you did.

Love and miss you.

Me.

No comments: