Apr 7, 2018

2018, Apr 7 - Easter Week

Hey Babe,

I guess I should have taken the laptop with me this week and did daily updates.  But since I didn't, I'll try and bring every thing up to date here.  

Mar 31 - Saturday - I picked up a cute little rental car from Enterprise:  a 2017 Nissan Maxima!  It was sooooo cute!!!  Then the girls and I went Easter Dress shopping.  I asked the girls if they wanted the Easter Bunny to visit the house and they opted to just hit the candy aisle at Walmart instead.  So, no Easter Bunny visit on this night.  We came home and got all packed up for our road trip to Atlanta.

Apr 1 - Easter Sunday - We got up, got all dressed in our new dresses, went out in the yard (which was thankfully NOT muddy!!) and took some pictures.  I never could find the proper tripod for the iPhone so we just did a group selfie.  We missed you with us.  You are supposed to be here.  You would have been wearing your cowboy boots, dress slacks, and button down white or gray long sleeve shirt.  I'm pretty sure of it.   After the awesome church worship service, the girls and I changed into traveling clothes, got into the rental, and hit the road.  I actually wanted to get straight to traveling but had to come back by the house real quick first.  As soon as I thought we were on the road good, Mariah decided it was time for a pit stop, just before hitting I-59!!  I told her, "Don't you think we could get out of the state first?"  But we finally got going and made it to Trina's by 9ish Easter Sunday night.  

I quickly changed into my bathing suit, joined Trina, Mark and some others around a firepit where everyone was sitting trying to stay warm while the hot tub water got hot.  Trina handed me a mixed drink (or something?).  I think it was Pink Lemonade with 2 shots of vodka.  It wasn't great.  I waited as long as I could for the hot tub but eventually, I was too tired for it and just went to bed.

Apr 2 - Monday - I got up and cannot remember exactly what I did.  I think I had a bowl of cereal.  I know that around 1 p.m. We all loaded up with Trina and Mark in his truck and drove up to meet Brittnay at Piedmont Park for some frisbee tossing and picnicing.  I was given a cup of Dry white wine, called Hannah?  I didn't care for it either.  After the picnic, we drove to a place called Jeni's for some organic ice-cream.  I had Almond Butter Brittle ice Cream.  It was SO GOOD!!!  Then we went home.  Went to bed and dreamt of you.  I dreamed that you were alive and looking for me.  I could see you but I couldn't get your attention.  I could see that you didn't know where I was and you were looking for me.  I was so excited that you were still alive!  Then I woke up and was sad that you aren't. 

Apr 3 - Tuesday -  Woke up and made some scrambled eggs for myself.   I don't remember exactly what was going on this morning.  I just know that at some point, around noon?, I got a phone call.  It was my dad.  He had followed me to Atlanta.  He claims it wasn't because of me, but it sure did look like it.  He just waltzs in as if he owns the place.  Thank God T was livid and told him off, then she and I went to get a pedicure and then to Walmart.  As T was getting some groceries, I went off to find a few more things for myself.  I went into the Health and Beauty area, pharmacy area, and saw your twin.  I walked around the end of the aisle and there you were.  Or your twin.  You know they say everyone has a twin.  Yours is in the Walmart in Dallas, GA.  He had a wife with him. But at that moment, I saw you.  He didn't see me.  I backed up out of the way quickly, but stalked him throughout the health and beauty department until they checked out and left the store.  Then I went to the bathroom and cried.  I wonder if I should have approached him and asked for a hug.   Later in the day, we left the house and locked it, in order to make a trip to the other side of town for the "Medieval Times" dinner and arena show.   I had another alcoholic beverage.  I'm turning into a lush!  It was called their "Maiden's Kiss".  I think it was made with strawberry daqueri mix and had a shot of vodka and a shot of peach schnapps.  I drank it with a straw and got a warm, fuzzy feeling.  I could have had another one. When we got home at 10ish p.m. Dad was asleep in his truck in front of T's house, because he couldn't get in the house due to it being locked.

Apr 4 - Wednesday - I got up, got dressed, and went downstairs to make myself some scrambled eggs again.  I had the skillet ready and had sprayed the olive oil in it and was prepared to crack the first egg into the pan, when Dad walks up beside me and says, "Would you fry me up 2 or 3 eggs?"  So, I cracked the eggs in the pan and walked away.   I left with my mom for a History of the Guitar lecture at the Booth Western Art museum in Cartersville, GA.    They served us a lunch of Salad, Southwestern Chicken Pita, Tomato Bisque Soup, and German Chocolate Cake.  It was so good!  

Apr 5 - Thursday - We got up and went to a local nursing home.  We were the entertainment!  Shawn's piano teacher does a little gospel sing along.  She requested that Shawn come and play a few songs he's been working on.  Since we were also in town, Melody and Mariah both played the piano, and then we sang some songs with the residents.  We were there for about an hour and we had so much fun!  Afterwards, we went to lunch with Shawn's teacher, then we toured the art gallery where mom hangs her work, and then we went home for about an hour before I took the kids to see a movie.   Mom made white chicken chili for dinner.  We ate too much and I went for a walk with Trina and Mark.  I must be in pretty good shape because I kept up with them pretty good.  Then I sat in the hot tub for a while before going to bed.  

Apr 6 - Friday - I got up, dressed, packed, and was on the road by 8:30 a.m.  I met up with Brittnay and got Hannah so she could ride with me to Denham Springs.  We made really good time and got to Demopolis, AL by 1pm.  We drove down to take a tour of the Gaineswood home that was built by Nathan Bryan Whitfield.  It was so awesome!   We got back on the road, and I started crying as soon as we crossed the state line and I haven't stopped.    We got to DS about 7:30 pm, dropped Hannah off with her Uncle Donnie, and then headed home.  We walked into the house, and it smells so bad!  It smells like something died in here and had started decomposing.  

Since I can't find any kind of decomposing critter, I did some research and I think it's some sort of sewer gas.  So, I am following the instructions on the website I found.  SEWER GAS
So far, it does not seem to be working.  *gag*

Apr 7 - Saturday - I got up and had to take the rental car back.  I've been in a pissy and bitchy mood all day today.  I'm mad at you.  I'm mad that you put me in this position.  I'm mad that you've left me like this.  I'm mad that you are not here to fix this plumbing issue.  I'm mad that you are not here for me to bitch at.  

I love you and miss you so much!

Me.

No comments: