Apr 10, 2018

2018, Apr 9 - The Stink

Hey babe.

Gosh, where do I start?  I think I told you that I encountered a smell when we got home Friday night.  It smelled like something died in the house.  I searched and searched for the culprit but couldn't find anything.  When M1 went to take a shower, she came out wrapped in a towel and told me that it really smelled bad in the bathroom.  I went in and started sniffing around.  The bathtub drain smelled awful!

I researched what to do about it and read about putting baking soda and vinegar down the drain, followed by steaming water, followed by cold water running for 10 minutes, then 1/2 a cup of bleach, then steaming water, and then cold water.  Well, I did all that, and it still smelled sooooo bad!

I called your son Josh and he told me to climb up on the roof and check the vent.  Well, you know how I am about heights!  I'm not climbing up there!   Then I was told to crawl under the house and see if there was any leaks.  I was also told that I might have to pull the sheet rock behind the bathtub to see if there was any leaks back there.

Well, then I called Kyle and asked him to ask around at the shop.  You remember he works at the plumbing supply place?  Well, he talked to somebody there and they told him what to do.  So, this afternoon, he came out and took care of the problem. It turns out it was the in-line vent under the bathroom sink.  It still stinks in the bathroom but it's not NEARLY as bad as it was!!!

I'm so glad Kyle came out. 

No comments: