Apr 22, 2018

2018, Apr 22 - The Weekend

Hey Babe!  Just thought I'd give you an update on what we did this weekend.  First up, on Friday, I was gonna mow the grass. It really needs it.  But when I got on the lawn mower, it wouldn't start.  I think it needs a new battery.  I honestly don't remember much about what I did Friday.  I cleaned out the linen closet and donated a bunch of sheets to the church for VBS.  I went and dropped those off, then I dropped off some of the girls clothes to Goodwill, then I went for my counseling appointment.  It was a good session, but short.  It's never long enough.

On Saturday, I decided to take the girls on an outing to New Orleans.  It was Navy Week and there were 4 tall ships, an Aircraft Carrier, and a Coast Guard ship available to tour.  I had planned to park in our usual parking area but it was blocked!  I couldn't believe it!  So, I just followed the car in front of me to a parking garage.  I ended up way up on Level 7, but I finally got a spot!  

The girls and I then went downstairs and walked through the French Quarter a little bit before I got frustrated and went over to the RiverWalk Food Court to get something to eat.  I stood in line at Cane's for 30 MINUTES!  Then, we made our way back over to the Aquarium of the Americas to get in the long, long line for the Tall Ships.  At the time, I did not know we could board the Aircraft Carrier!  I was so disappointed that we missed that opportunity!  

We got through the first line standing fiasco, and quickly joined another one to board one of the ships.  The line was moving pretty quickly but it sure looked intimidating!  We got on board the Netherlands ship the "Oosterschelde".  You would be so proud of our baby girl.  As we explored, we found ourselves in the galley.  There was a corner piano bolted to the wall.  She spied it, and the sign that said, "Do not play unless experienced."  She turned and asked me if she could play it.  She asked if she could get permission.  I encouraged her to do so and she came back with a grin, sat down, and started playing one of her Rally pieces in front of all those strangers! Our girls has some guts! She was so great!  I couldn't have been more proud!  You would be too. 

We got off of the ship, took some pics with a couple of pirates, got a snowball, wandered down to the Algier's Ferry and took a ride across the river.  We tooled around on the Algier's Point for a bit and then came back across, went to the truck, and tried to leave the Big Easy.  It was a little difficult due to the bumper to bumper traffic but we eventually made it out.  I took the girls to Applebee's in Hammond for some dinner.  They wanted to go see a movie as well but it was getting late and we had to get up for church.

On Sunday, I was woken up by heavy rain, thunder, and lightening at about 4:30 p.m.  I knew I should have gone ahead and gotten that lawn mower battery and mowed the grass Saturday instead of going to New Orleans.  I got up and went to church, then went with Mariah's guitar teacher to sing at Lagniappe Steak and Seafood restaurant down in Head of Island.  I sang that Allison Krauss song, "When You Say Nothing at All".   Jody allowed me to sit in with his band and sing.  It was loads of fun and I look forward to doing more of it again soon.  I wish you had been there to see me and cheer me on.  I miss you tremendously.  More than I could ever imagine.

Love and Miss you lots,
ME

No comments: